Professional Nutrition Organizations
▪ The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics is the United State's largest organization of food and nutrition professionals. Formally the American Dietetic Association.
Dietetic Practice Groups
▪ Dietitians in Integrative and Functional Medicine (DIFM) - Members interested in the study of holistic, integrative and functional medicine therapies.
▪ Nutrition Entrepreneurs (NE) - members pursue innovative and creative ways to provide nutrition products and services to consumers, industry, media and businesses.
▪ Sports, Cardiovascular and Wellness Nutrition (SCAN) – Members promote healthy and active lifestyles for sports performance, cardiovascular health, wellness, and the prevention/treatment of disordered eating.
Food Allergies, Sensitivities and Intolerances
▪ LEAP Mediated Release Testing for food sensitivities. Oxford Biomedical Technologies
▪ Celiac Disease and Gluten-Free Diet Information
▪ Mayo Clinic - Food allergy vs. food intolerance: what’s the difference?
General Nutrition, Health and Wellness Information
▪ Super Market Savvy - Grocery store tips and resources to help shop for healthy foods
▪ Good Guide - ratings and reviews for foods and other products
▪ Center for Science in the Public Interest (Nutrition Action Newsletter)
▪ Eat Well Guide - local, sustainable, organic food
▪ Local Harvest - listing of farmers markets
▪ Food Insight - nutrition information and food safety resource
Sports and Performance
▪ Runners World - running, training, racing
▪ Living Without - gluten-free, dairy-free and other food allergies
▪ Yummly - insert 'recipes' and then search by ingredients
▪ Food Sub - the cook’s thesaurus
▪ Recipe Puppy - ingredient based recipe search engine
▪ Super Cook - recipe search by ingredients
▪ Food Network - recipes, healthy eating ideas
▪ Eat Better America - healthy recipes, cooking and lifestyle tips
Online Food Journals
1. Fit Day - free weight loss and diet journal
2. Spark People - free diet plans
Additional Health Organizations
▪ American Heart Association - click "getting healthy”
▪ RX List